Pastel Reflections by Christine Mikesell-Bidwell

Library Process and Trial forum

• October 05, 2015 6:34 PM
    Message # 3562082

Today I mapped the library process as a means to plan what types of entries might need to be made for a library page on the website. I also created this forum to record things about the trial process. Board members have read, write and comment access. All others can read only.

• October 05, 2015 6:38 PM
    Reply # 3562084 on 3562082

For the news, it might be good to have a discussion of what content to include as "pure news" and what might benefit from being a news blog. Why the difference? Pure news might be things like a member receiving an award or being juried into a show. A blog might be useful for something like programs where program presenters could  inform members about the program in advance or to solicit participants. What does the team think?

Last modified: October 05, 2015 6:39 PM | Gary BINDER
  • October 05, 2015 9:28 PM
    Reply # 3562299 on 3562082
    Sharon FREY (Administrator)

Glad to see that you set up the Library page.... I can email Ellen to get her library list and we can copy it on to the page... or you can do it, either way.

As for the blog.... most other pastel groups use the blog as a Presidents message to the troops when there is info that needs to get out before it is time for the newsletter.  I subscribe to a few, so that seems to be what they do.   We can do what we want of course, but when I set it up, I had that in mind.  

• October 07, 2015 5:36 PM
    Reply # 3565975 on 3562082

Today's update: Added a bylaw and policy page with 2 tabs: Bylaws and Policies. the bylaws are pasted from the most recent member book (last spring). The only policies added so far are Show policies. Those are modified to be generic from the baseline prospectus. I also added the recent change that levies a penalty for not bring a painting to the show if juried in. While doing thisit seemed that the pages took a long time to load. I checked my system and network to make sure there were fine and at speed-they were.So I'm wondering if WA is having any issues with the volume of traffic load.

• October 08, 2015 4:55 PM
    Reply # 3568027 on 3562082

Today's update:

The majority of bylaw and policy content is now complete, and should be reviewed. Essentially this content is directly from the last Member Book revision in May 2014 with updates to policies we've added since then. Formatting will need to be fixed once the content is reviewed. If you see anything needing change or want to make a suggestion on any of this, let me know.

An "About US" page was added with an overview of APAA history. Drilling down will give you a bylaw page, policy page and past president page. The policy page is also tabbed to host the various policy pages.

One thing to note is that with the website, the need for a Member Book goes away since the content is all online. 

• October 09, 2015 7:51 AM
    Reply # 3569125 on 3562082

This AM, I changed the About Us to add a History page and added a Member Resources Page, and a page under News to use for newsletter archives. On the Resources page my thought was to have that include the Library items (also updated format), Links to things like IAPS, sponsors, and maybe a page with Pastel Tips and Techniques. 

• October 09, 2015 9:05 AM
    Reply # 3569253 on 3562082
    Sharon FREY (Administrator)

I like the member resources page better than having a library page separated.  

It is probably better to keep the main tab bar very simple and have child pages attached to each main heading topic.